EOW apprehends Quick Click Ad Media proprietor in fraud case

0 62

Bhubaneswar, (Reporterspen), May 21: The Economic Offenses Wing (EOW) in Bhubaneswar recently apprehended Bimalananda Bhuyan, the long-elusive proprietor of Quick Click Ad Media, on May 18th.
Bhuyan’s arrest stemmed from EOW PS Case No 10, filed on December 17, 2020, under sections 406/420/467/471/120-B IPC. He was detained within the limits of the Indiranagar Police Station. Following his arrest, Bhuyan was presented before the Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate (ACJM)-II in Lucknow and subsequently transferred to Bhubaneswar under transit remand.

Scheduled for appearance before the designated court under the OPID Act in Cuttack on Tuesday, Bhuyan faces charges alongside his wife, Ramya Bhuyan, who was arrested earlier. Ramya, also a partner in the LLP, had misrepresented her credentials in Aadhar while employed at a Real Estate Company in Mumbai.
The case revolves around allegations made by Bikash Podar of Sambalpur against Bimalananda and Ramya Bhuyan. They are accused of defrauding 53 investors of Rs. 1.2 crore under the guise of supplying LED monitors for advertisements through their organization, “Quick Click AD Media.” This entity, registered as a Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) in 2017 with ROC, Chhattisgarh, enticed investors with two schemes.

In the first scheme, investors were promised Rs. 3,100 per month for three years upon investing Rs. 54,000 for a 3’x3′ LED monitor. The second scheme offered 70% profit for three years with an initial investment of Rs. 3 lakhs for a 6.4”x6.4” LED monitor, after which the investors would receive 30% of the profit, with the remaining 70% going to the LLP.

Despite collecting deposits exceeding Rs. 2 crores from over 100 investors, the accused absconded without fulfilling their promises or purchasing LED monitors. Quick Click AD Media operated predominantly in districts such as Khordha, Koraput, Nayagarh, Mayurbhanj, Balasore, Rourkela, Sambalpur, and Ganjam in Odisha. Its headquarters were situated in Shyamnagar, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, with branch offices in Jagdalpur, Chhattisgarh, and Jaydev Vihar, Bhubaneswar.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Accept Read More

Privacy & Cookies Policy